1. It is the course applicant’s responsibility, having referred to relevant sources of course information, to ensure that the course is suitable for their requirements. The tutor is happy to provide advice but accepts no liability in the event that the content of the course or any changes to the course timetables, structure or contents where necessary does not meet individual requirements.
2. Once an application and a deposit has been received to secure a place on the students chosen course and a place allocated by Gateway Workshops, the applicant will be subject to and in agreement with all conditions as set out herein by Gateway Workshops (whose booking conditions are laid out at the bottom of the initial confirmation email) from the tutor.
3. Acceptance: In accordance with common practice of educational establishments, reasons for denying admission will not be discussed with the applicant. The decision of the College is final and is not subject to appeal.
4. Student Numbers: A minimum of two students are required for any course date to ensure the course will go ahead. If you are the only student booked onto a date and you maybe able to can bring a practice partner with you (this will be the decision of the individual tutor) subject to a change in training location to allow the course to run.
5. The balance of the course fees will be invoiced 28 days prior to the scheduled start date, and is payable in full no later than 21 days prior to training starting. Under no circumstances can the balance be paid at a later date.
6. Course Attendance: One Day courses - Students must attend the entire day of the booked course, classes run from 10.30-4.30 weekdays and 11.00-5.00 weekends, (sometimes longer for advanced courses) we may finish slightly later, so please allow extra time when planning your journey home as the tutor cannot be held responsible for any missed travel arrangements.
7. Students will be expected to respect each other’s modesty at all times with correct towel draping as the Hot Stone/Thai Herbal Compress and other Advanced Massage courses require the student being massaged to remove all clothing except underwear. Once on the couch students are covered with towels and only the part being massaged will be uncovered. Please note that Men and Women attend our training courses excluding the waxing courses.
8. Course fees include practical tuition, training materials- towels, use of blankets, creams/oils, resources and self/ home study material appropriate to the training course undertaken. Tea/ coffee will also be provided (lunch is not provided). Any other facilities, resources or additional training supplied by the tutor, at the request of the student, which has not been expressly stated to be included in the fees paid, will be charged at an additional cost. Some courses have DVD’s and kit's available at an additional cost to the student.
9. It is acknowledged that all intellectual property rights, including copyright, patents, design rights and know-how in or relating to the course or course materials provided or made available in connection with the course, remain the sole property of Gateway Workshops or the tutor who has co-written the manual. No copies of course materials or any usage of or reference to Gateway Workshops name may be made unless it has been agreed in writing by Gateway Workshops.
10. Practitioners Diploma Certificate: Certificates are only given once students have shown that they have absorbed the information presented during the day and after demonstrating a satisfactory treatment observed by the tutor.
To ensure that we act responsibly and carry out good practice, should the tutor feel that you would benefit from further training, certification may/will be held back and you will offered the opportunity/be asked to attend the next available course that has a space, (this is offered free of charge).
With-holding a certificate is rare, but we would not be acting responsibly if a student were given certification, when the tutor felt they were unsafe in any way, the standard achieved must be high enough to enable the tutor issue you with a certificate. With small classes it is easy to absorb the techniques you are taught. There are no exams to sit for our one day courses only a practical assessment (excluding Indian Head Massage course, if you are an FT member (only) they will require case studies).
1. If for any reason you have to cancel your place on the course, please provide your tutor with at least 10 days written notice.
2. If you wish to cancel you place and provide at least 10 days written notice, 50% of the remaining course fee will be refunded. Deposits are non refundable unless you give Gateway Workshops 7 days’ notice in writing, from the date of booking with them.
3. Course fees for cancellations within 10 days of the course date will not be refunded or transferred.
4. If you do not turn up on the day or you cancel your attendance on the course day and/or have given no written notice that you will not be attending the course, then the full course fee is non refundable and non-transferable.
5. If you have/ have not paid your final balance by previous arrangement with the tutor and do not arrive for the course, you will still be held liable for payment of the full/ remaining course payment.
6. The tutor cannot accept responsibility for students’ changes to work commitments, illness or personal circumstances within this 10 day period and will not transfer or refund fees.
7. If a course is cancelled due to low numbers or for reasons beyond our control, we will endeavour to transfer you to another course date with the same tutor, if you chose not to transfer to an alternative date then the deposit will remain non refundable and 50% of the course fee will be non refundable.
By booking your place on this course you agree to the terms and conditions above. We very much look forward to meeting you and if you have any questions about your course please do not hesitate to contact your tutor their details can be found in your course confirmation email once your booking deposit has been paid.
Please note that if you require a refund for the incorrect deposits being put through World Pay (the 3rd party payment system) there is a charge of £5 for any refund transactions. We remind you on the web site to please make sure the number of places you have booked is correct, before clicking on the check out button to avoid this charge!
A charge is made if you have not done this and you have booked too many places in error - please let us know as soon as possible so we can refund your card for the extra place or places booked in error. However please be aware there is a £5 admin fee to process any refunds.
A £5 administration fee will also apply if you book an advance course and you do not have the correct qualifications to attend and need to cancel. The web site is very clear to the requirements needed and it is the responsibility of the student to check their qualifications before they book onto an advanced course, making sure they have the right qualifications before confirming their booking.
Davina McCall follows Gateway Workshops on Twitter, members of the Gateway team went to visit Davina and spent the afternoon with her whilst she did her preparation for the show million pound drop.
@gatewayw hello!! Am following!!!
Our meeting with Davina McCall rehearsals for Million Pound Drop - a great afternoon thanks Davina!
This is at a very special discount price of just £10!
It will cover all aspects of how to get new clients and how to grow your business. To save on trees and to keep this manual cost down so it is affordable for all, this is a downloadable manual you can choose to read it on your PC or you can also print it out to read through in hard copy if you wish.
"The marketing manual is another amazing item from Gateway Workshops designed to help the therapist, either those starting out or established therapists wanting that little bit more help. It is very well written and answers all questions that you may have on marketing and starting your own therapy business. I wished there was something like when I first started out, I have printed and laminated it, and have referred back to it many times.
Well done Gateway Workshops on providing therapists with a much needed marketing manual."
Joanna Wright Therapies
Aromatherapist, Reflexologist, Sports Massage Therapist
We are asked this a lot, please be aware if you email us this question you will be sent the same information below so we request you read this in full as it will give you all the information you will require thank you.
We are governed by the professional bodies we have our courses accredited with and have to adhere to their prerequisite for insurance purposes. They ask for a full body massage qualification NVQ level 3 (this is at least 100 training hours – not a weekend diploma or a short course as this cannot be accepted) the qualification would usually be an ITEC, VTCT or similar massage course. They also ask for the same in anatomy and physiology - NVQ level 3 either learnt within this course or separately is also accepted.
If you have these qualifications we will be happy to accept you onto one of our advanced courses, we will require a copy of your qualification before we can accept you so you will have to have completed the course and passed and received your qualification for us to have a copy.
However if you do not have these qualifications I am sorry we are unable to accept you onto our advanced massage courses, you are able however to attend the Indian head massage, Chair massage, Thai foot massage etc (beginners courses) without previous massage qualifications.
If you are unsure of the level of your massage or A & P training to attend our advanced courses (Hot stone, Pregnancy, MLD etc) please check this with your training provider for the course you completed.
If this has not covered your question you can check with Dawn at Gateway via phone on 0333 121 0742 during the hours of 3 - 5.00pm on Monday and Thursdays, if you have any further questions.
If however your qualification was taken overseas and not in the UK, you can check with NARIC to see if the level you trained is to our UK NVQ level 3 requirement.
I would suggest that you ask your prospective students to take their qualifications to the NARIC websitehttp://www.naric.org.uk/ . They are the National Agency, managed on behalf of the UK Government, who provide the official source of information on international qualifications. They will be able to map the qualifications onto the UK framework and also help if they have foreign qualifications.
Individuals needing information about qualifications comparisons, please contact us on:
t: +44 (0)871 330 7033
f: +44 (0)871 330 7005
Calls cost 10p per minute from a BT landline. Mobile providers and other networks may vary.
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 09.00 - 17.00 (UK time)
Once you have applied you can track the progress of your enquiry online.
Please have your Personal ID ready so we can find your records quickly. If our lines are busy, you will be put in a queue.
If you are phoning from overseas you can also use the following numbers:
t: + 44 1242 258621
f: + 44 1242 258611
“It’s not often I meet people who I think excel at what they do but Sue Bailey was the exception to the rule. Sue manages to deliver high volumes of leads to her clients in a very effective simple way. I loved Sues business model as it is scalable without compromising quality!”
This was Ruth's feedback after meeting with Sue Bailey the founder of Gateway Workshops.
About Ruth Badger, you may have first heard about Ruth on the Apprentice:
The opportunity arose to apply for The Apprentice…
Ruth proved week after week that she was the top performer in the show and excelled at all tasks. Outselling all other Executives in each task, Ruth consistently demonstrated her business acumen and ability. Ruth left the series after working for Sir Alan Sugar for 6 months in an Executive role.
After leaving The Apprentice, Ruth has gone on to achieve massive success. She has fronted her own trouble shooting show Badger or Bust and was a mentor in Sky one’s The Big Idea as well as appearing in numerous other TV shows. Ruth also has two regular business columns with national press and is a regular business expert on well respected business shows.
Ruth launched Ruth Badger Consultancy Ltd in June 2006 after leaving The Apprentice. With countless major International Companies as clients, Ruth Badger Consultancy provides Company MOT’s, Sales Consultancy, Start Up Advice and Business Rescue.
Ruth’s second business, The Ruth Badger Academy was launched in 2009 due to the high demand for Sales Training previously delivered through the consultancy. The academy provides no nonsense effective Sales, Business and Careers training that is proven even in the current climate.
Ruth has a fantastic reputation as a Speaker and has delivered hundreds of motivational and keynote speeches to a varied audience.
Finally Ruth is represented by the international media giants The William Morris Agency for all TV and Media work.
In summary, for a girl who left school at the young age of 16 with 3 GCSE’s and has achieved all of the above by the age of 30, Ruth Badger is proof you really can do anything you set your mind to!
Tel : 0845 459 8001
The Ruth Badger Consultancy Limited