We are delighted to announce we have won the Guild Best Training School for the 4th year running.
Thank you so much to everyone who voted for us it means the world and we are delighted to have won again this year - 2018
We are delighted to announce we have won the Beauty Guild 2017 award, for 'best training school' for the 3rd year running.
We want to thank everyone who voted for us it really means a lot as it shows our hard working passionate tutors how much you all appreciate them as it's voted by therapists themselves. Thank you once again for all of your votes!
When you sign up for a course with us, by ticking you agree to our terms and conditions you agree to letting us know about any health issues you may have.
Important - Our tutors put your safety and comfort first at all times and as with any treatments there are contra-indications to consider which MAY affect you attending / your involvement/participation on the course. This also applies for all the other students on the course - the person or paying friend you will be pairing up with to practice. If you have any concerns your tutor is happy to cover these before the course.
Please confirm if you are under treatment from your GP and other practitioners for any of the following:
Pregnancy - Are you within the first three months? Cancer, HIV and AIDS, Epilepsy, HBP or heart conditions, Infectious skin disorders like chicken pox, Contagious illness, Diabetes (if skin is very thin bruising may occur), Paralysis or loss of sensation
Recent surgery on neck or face (if attending Natural Lift Facial Massage/ Indian Head Massage any other facial course) You may need a letter from your GP stating that it is safe/appropriate for you to give and receive a massage treatment on a one-day course. Care should also be taken if you are suffering from the following during the day of the course. Again this may affect your participation on the course:
Local Psoriasis or Eczema - open sores or infections to the skin or ears, Cold sores, High temperature or fever, Drunk or under the influence of other drugs, Local pain such as toothache, Sunburnt, hypersensitive or broken skin, Acute inflammation or swelling, Severe acne, Procedures such as Botox in the previous three weeks, Conjunctivitis
You will be given a health waiver to sign on the day of your course which will ask you to state that - You are in good physical condition and fully able to participate in the course and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional and that you certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude your participation at the training course. If for any reason you refuse to sign this on the day you will not be allowed to attend and train with us you will waive the right to a refund of your course for all monies paid including the deposit.
We would like to let you all know we have 4 new tutors that have joined us which is very exciting!
To find out more please visit our tutor page to read about them and what they will be offering for us:
Betty is joining us from Ireland who will be teaching beauty which is very exciting as it is the first time we are offering beauty in Ireland. We are delighted to have found such an excellent tutor to offer our accredited courses there. Betty is very caring and passionate about all things beauty and we look forward to her teaching our courses.
We also have Jenny in Ireland offering our massage courses, we are expanding areas and venues in Ireland soon, so there should be an venue to suit everyone and their journey. Jenny joins Suzanne our long standing tutor in Ireland teaching massage they are both very experienced and lovely ladies.
We also have Laura joining us in Scotland who will be teaching beauty along side Maureen who teaches our massage courses in Scotland, both are very passionate and great tutors. We are really happy to see how busy Scotland is now and soon we will be also offering ITEC Massage courses in Scotland too which is very exciting and much needed.
Finally we have Carrie joining us for central London, Carrie will be teaching our one day accredited CPD courses as well as our ITEC massage course in central London and will be starting with us soon.
We are delighted to welcome them all to the team and we all recently got together for a wonderful tutor lunch for everyone to meet. There was 22 of us that made it and it was a fantastic afternoon. We have such a lovely group of caring, passionate and knowledgeable tutors and the feedback you are sending us is wonderful - you can view that here:
When you come to a course with us you will get to meet one of our very special tutors and experience a high quality of teaching that often you do not find anywhere else.
ITEC STUDENT CHARTER
ITEC Number (for office use only) __________
Contact Telephone Number_____________________________________________
Contact Email Address ________________________________________________
Gateway Workshops Ltd is committed as a company to offering its students quality courses which are continually improving. Our Student Charter is one way in which we can outline our commitment to you and what you can expect from us, whilst informing you of the responsibilities placed upon you in return and what we expect from you.
When taking an ITEC course with Gateway Workshops you can expect:
• an appraisal of course content showing key stages and criteria for examination;
• that the teaching you receive will be evaluated. We will use feedback to enhance the quality of our teaching;
• that we will work with you to help you develop your learning skills, recognising that this is an ongoing process;
• that we will provide a quality learning environment;
• that we will provide you with access to appropriate resources to enable you to complete your studies or, in the event that we are unable to do so, direct you to where additional resources can be located;
• that we will support you in your learning, to help you complete your studies;
• that tutors will be courteous, professional, punctual and efficient;
• that we will seek to create and maintain an atmosphere and environment which is conducive to learning;
• that we will monitor feedback from students with a view to continually enhancing the quality of our provision;
• that we will respect your right to dignity & confidentiality;
• that we will comply with all relevant legislation.
What we expect of you in return:
• that that you will take responsibility for your own learning and assist in creating and maintaining an atmosphere and environment which is conducive to learning for all
• that you take responsibility for seeking any support you need
• that you use our facilities with respect and consideration for others
• that you will be courteous, efficient and behave in a professional manner towards staff and fellow students;
• that you will be punctual, arriving in good time for lessons or notify tutors of any expected late arrival or absence
• Although we operate a non - discrimination policy, respecting amongst other things, spiritual and religious views, nonetheless, it is vital that each student is able to work freely, with everyone else in the class, regardless of race, religion or sex. This is a learning environment; therefore, students are expected to work with each other, during the practical sessions of the course, whether male or female. It is vital that students take part in the giving and receiving of massage, so that different body types, skin types, age groups and musculature can be experienced for training and development purposes.
• that you will pay all fees and charges due when required
• We deliver and revive back assignments electronically by using personal email addresses -all relevant marking and tutor feedback will be fed back by the tutor in the same way; We would request that anyone who does not have email or PC access notify the school as soon as possible, so that alternative arrangements for issuing of homework/assignments can be arranged.
• We expect all homework/assignments to be handed in or electronically received by the tutors in a timely fashion
Where problems or delays are anticipated by the student, we request that the tutor is notified as soon as possible
• Examinations are included in the full price of the course fee and all students are expected to sit the practical and theory examinations on the allocated date provided by the company; the date of the examinations will be confirmed as soon as possible, after the first day of the course;
• Once the examination day is confirmed, students are expected to attend.
If students are unable to attend the allocated examination day, only those with a certificated medical condition (issued by a suitably qualified medical practitioner) or those with unforeseen personal circumstances prohibiting them from taking the examination will be allowed to postpone. In such instances (and in line with ITEC ruling), students must subsequently attend the next available examination day, which will be agreed with the Company Director.
In cases of unforeseen circumstances the company reserves the right to request suitable written documentation if examinations are to be postponed. Without medical reasons, students will be asked to pay for their exam and any additional revision time they may require at the tutor’s discretion.
• If students decide to postpone their exam because they have not completed the scheduled assignments and/or case studies, or for personal reasons, they will be expected to attend the next examination date and accordingly this will incur an exam fee of £100.00. If the next exam exceeds 3 months from the date the course finishes, then students will be asked to attend revision weekend before the next available exam (and in consultation with the course tutor) –this will incur a daily fee of £100.00 per required revision day.
Payment for the course
We operate an easy pay scheme, which means that we allow students to spread the cost of their course payment, by monthly instalments, agreed with Gateway Workshops at the time of enrolment. Unlike other companies, we do not charge for this facility – it is a concession that the company offers. What we do ask therefore is:-
• That all payments are made by the due date, as outlined in the original email acknowledgement sent at the time of booking.
• Any payments not received by the due date of the 5th of every month, incur a late fee of £25.00 – no exceptions made, unless a late payment has been pre-authorised.
• If students decide to leave the course early and do not continue with their studies, the full outstanding balance to the value of £995.00 Holistic Massage Students or £245 Anatomy and Physiology (if booked as a stand alone course) students is still payable at the time of notification.
• The Company reserves the right to pursue any non-payment legally.
Please remember that the easy pay scheme is a concession, offered by the company, to help students spread the cost of your course fee and the company reserves the right to cancel this arrangement if payments are not being met on the due dates
Company Policies and Procedures
Under external regulations and OFSTED requirements, Gateway Workshops Ltd is obligated to publish its policies and procedures clearly and access to the following policies/procedures can be found on the company website.
• Policy and procedure on Malpractice and Maladministration
• Complaints Procedure
I confirm that as a student of Gateway Workshops Ltd, I have read and understand these terms and conditions and by signing this document, have agreed to them.
Student Signature ________________________________ Date ________________
Signed By Your Tutor at Gateway Workshops Ltd
Tutor Yvonne Potter/Cathy Alderson (delete where needed)
Be the First to Hear about our New Courses & All our News, Interesting Features, Work Opportunities and much more - No cost this is a montly newsletter