An accredited professional one-day training course in Mindfulness, you will learn how to become an effective and intuitive Mindfulness teacher for a range of clientele. You will be taught to work with a group or as an individual, thus giving you the flexibility to work in a variety of settings.
This is one of our top selling courses and exceedingly popular with our students and busy due to word of mouth.
This course is open to complete beginners with no previous experience.
The Mindfulness Course is both practical and creative, with a hands-on approach. You will be taught a range of strategies and techniques that will enable you to work effectively as a Mindfulness teacher.
Practicing mindfulness is a way to become aware of your mind and of the here and now and the ongoing process of thinking. Mindfulness can cultivate a sense of calmness, to feel less stressed and to become less reactive and more flexible in your approach to life. Mindfulness helps us become aware of our experiences as something we have and not something we have become.
Learn how to put a course together and how to teach it on this course.
We can update you as soon as they become available thank you
London dates available now
1. Run private groups and 1-1 sessions
2. If you are looking to run workshops and you do not intend to give out a qualification only a certificate of attendance then you do not require a teaching qualification to offer these workshops.
3. However if you wish to give out a recognised qualification, you will need to write your own version of this course (as ours is copyright to us) and then get it accredited by which ever professional body or bodies that you personally choose to go for (they are all 3rd party companies) and if you have a teaching qualification already you can run professional accredited courses and issue certificates.
However if you don’t have a teaching qualification then you are able to take our teaching qualification that Gateway offer (or anyone else’s it doesn’t have to be with us but we do offer it if needed) as you would be required by the professional bodies that accredit your course to have this in place to teach professionally and give our a qualification certificate.
You can find the full course description, times and price on this page - For venues and dates on offer, when ready simply click on the purple view dates or book now button.
What other requirements you will need if you wish to run professional courses
1. This course enables you to lead your own private 1-1 sessions and Mindfulness groups and workshops.
2. This course does not qualify you to give out accredited certificates, teach children or teach in adult education establishments. These are specialised and require conventional teacher training, however if you have a teaching qualification you are able to give out certificates.
3. For those of you who already have a teaching training level 3 qualification, you can attend this course and with this qualification you are able to write your own material and then teach a Mindfulness course so long as you have the level 3 teacher training qualification in place.
4. For those of you who do not have a teaching qualification yet, many students attend this course first to decide if it is for them. Then if they want to take it to the next professional level they move onto the next step which is the teaching training qualification which then allows you to teach this course.
Which will be your next step to becoming a professional tutor who can gain insurance and teach this course.
Many of our students have gone on to take this course to follow, if they are serious about offering this mindfulness course professionally you can set up as a professional tutor with our recognised qualifications.
You will be required to write all of your own material and get your course accredited so you can deliver your own material.
© August 2020 Gateway Workshops
You are able to teach a Mindfulness course yourself with this diploma qualification but you are unable to use any of Gateway workshops material from our manuals or web site as it is protected under copyright.
However you are able to write your own material and offer this as a course and charge and your tutor can help you with any questions you may have about this on the day.
You are able to teach others with this qualification, all you will have to do is write your own manual and get it accredited - depending on the accreditation body you go through they may require an extra teaching qualification for insurance purposes.
If however you wish to just run casual classes or casual workshops without a manual you will be able to do this easily once you have attended and the tutors are happy to help with ideas for your classes and how to run them.
This is an insurable one day course allowing you to use this therapy with the general public and charge for it.
Our Mindfulness course is for beginners no previous experience necessary, ideal for those looking to learn more about Mindfulness just for themselves or how to teach it to others.
The tutor will give you information about how to run a class and you are able to go away and write your own material to offer workshops or courses.
Mindfulness provides a supportive and creative space for the reduction of everyday stresses and tensions, thus promoting a state of balance, contentment and personal well-being.
If you are attending our one day courses the times are as follows:
10.00am - 4.30pm Weekdays
or 10.30am - 5pm if you choose to attend on a weekend date.
For our one day courses, you will receive a 45 min lunch break and a short afternoon break also.
No case studies are required - no written exams.
Certificates are given on the day on the completion of a successful practical assessment with your tutor.
We love what we do and have passionate knowledgeable tutors who very much look forward to welcoming you on a course with them soon.
'Best Training School' 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
If you feel one day is not enough training, you are able to come back to repeat the course again free of charge within 6 months when spaces are available with the same tutor.
However, due to small classes and the 1-1 attention you receive this is rare but for your peace of mind available if required.
This is an insurable course allowing you to use this therapy with the general public and charge for it.
This course holds between 5 - 13 CPD points (all professional bodies are different please check with the one you are registered with for confirmation of points they award for one day courses)
Describe what mindfulness is and the benefits of incorporating mindful living into daily life.
· Convey via group discussion your understanding of the myths of mindfulness through Q&A and feedback.
· Demonstrate practically mindful breathing and meditation techniques.
· Explain the core components of mindfulness through discussion and Q&A.
· Effectively work with peers and conduct mindfulness exercises, you will be given a manual with numerous exercises that will take you through a series of activities including self-reflection, group discussion and practical exercises.
· Learn how to set up an effective mindfulness group, lesson plans and teaching techniques.
There is a pre-course exercise/assignment that the tutor must check has been completed and can be emailed or you can bring it with you on the day. This starts the "mindful" thought process on what inputs surround you and the influence these have on your day to day life. It encourages self-reflection prior to the course commencing. Post course there is a short activity to be completed and emailed to the tutor.
· Mental strengthening, training our mind to be consciously aware
· Calming effect on our nervous system and short-term relief from stress, anxiety, and depression
· Enhances concentration
· Lowers blood pressure
· Relaxes tension
· Strengthens our coping mechanisms
· Increases motivation, energy, and self-worth
We are an award winning school, Number One Training School (out of over 80 schools) in the Beauty Industry Survey - By The Guild of Beauty and Holistic Therapists.
And Voted The Guild Awards of Excellence 'Best Training School' by students and won mulitple years in a row! We maintain high standards and are proud of our team of passionate and caring tutors.
When you book with us you have peace of mind we have a proven track record - established in 1998 and accredited by the top professional bodies.
98' to present date
© Gateway Workshops, information is copyright.
Certificates are given on the day of training, a recognised Gateway Diploma qualification.
For course times, venue information etc please use/click on the information tabs above where this information can be found.
The balance of the course fee is paid direct to the tutor and they will contact you by email as soon as the deposit is paid for the course.
All course manuals are included in the price of the course - you will get a bound hard copy course manual given to you on the day of your training.
You will also get a complimentary Anatomy and Physiology manual as our gift to you - worth £10!
This is given to you when you sign up for a course as an e-manual, via a link in your course confirmation from your tutor.
You do NOT have to read this before your course.
You do NOT have to bring it with you as it is for later reference if you need it.
It is an extra manual to save you having to buy Anatomy and Physiology books later saving you money.
We also send you the Gateway therapist accounts package after you have completed a course with us - complimentary worth £10!
This course is insurable, accredited or approved by the professional bodies, Thinktree, Guild of Holistic Therapists, ABT - Associated Beauty Therapists, World Metaphysical Association, International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine, The Accreditation Council of Holistic Healers (ACHH), FHT.
For more information, see Accreditation & Entry Requirements information tab above
Gateway accredited/recognised diploma
Insurable allowing you to gain insurance and use therapy with the general public and charge.
Specialising in small classes for individual attention
Why book with us - Accredited, Established, Trusted, Recognised and Insurable Qualifications
Every year we train thousands of therapists, from Champneys Health Resort, large professional salons like Dior, leading hotels like the Mandarin Oriental Spa at the Knightsbridge 5 star hotel, the Sanctuary, John Lewis Spa, Bobbi Brown, Channel 4 as well as training therapists and complete beginners who come to us at one of our many venues.